Conditions before the emergency repairs (September 8, 2011):
Conditions December 12, 2011:
November 21st: Work on the Caladium roofs began with the following steps:
1. Removal of the Sola Hot water panels
2. Removal and scraping of the shingles
3. Ensuring that the roof is free of rotten plywood and replaced when necessary
4. Thoroughly cleaning the surface
5. Application of the vapor barrier
6. Installation of the Galvalume steel
7. Reinstallation of the hot water panels
The roof repair and replacement project is ahead of schedule, the Caladium roof is complete after less than a week of labour. Work on the Croton roof is starting immediately.
November 21st, 2011: Work on the Marina pool begins with the following steps:
1. Secure the work area at the Marina pool for the security and safety of our member and guests
2. Removal of all tiles in the surrounding area
3. Jackhammer the cement which is roughly 3 inches in depth
4. Removal of broken membrane
5. Clean the area of debris
6. Installation of new membrane
7. Pouring of new concrete
8. Coating of epoxy sealer
The leaks that were occurring in the restaurant below the Marina pool due to the broken membrane have now been fixed.
Introducing the new “3 Palms” on The Rocks Beach Bar & Grill
SIMPSON BAY (Aug. 17, 2011) — Phil and Patty Lennox, owners of 3 Palm Restaurant, are pleased to announce the reopening of the bar venues at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, including a newly revamped Beach Bar which will now be called “3 Palms” on The Rocks Beach Bar & Grill. Guests will notice a fresh new vibrant coat of paint as well as new inventive menu items appearing over the course of the next months along with tons of scheduled entertainment and drink specials – including $2 beers!
The new “3 Palms” features increased seating capacity, shaded tables and Reggae vibes throughout, invoking a sense of “I am in the Caribbean – man!”
Patrons will be pleased to recognize all their favorite bartenders who are still there under the new management. The Lobby Bar will now be opening earlier at 7:00 am and will be offering a full range of franchise-style coffees and fresh pastries for guests’ morning wake up call.
The new operators look forward playing an integral role in guests’ enjoyment of their vacations whether it be a relaxing poolside afternoon sipping cocktails, sumptuous Caribbean fare in a culturally infused open-air environment or the thrilling excitement of the newest addition to Simpson Bay’s nightlife. Members and guests are encouraged to consult the weekly list of activities for scheduled entertainment events at each venue.